Thursday, November 4, 2010

Should I get a second dental insurance plan?

I am a college student, and currently covered under my parents' dental plan. I need to get all of my wisdom teeth extracted, and I found out that I possibly also need 3 root canals. My insurance only covers $1500 per year. I don't want to put off this work, but I don't think I can afford this. Would getting my own individual dental insurance plan help? What plans are good, and what is a decent price/yr for an individual plan?
--------------------
You said you don't want to put off the dental work. Most individual plans will either have a waiting period of 12 months before you can get full benefits and then only pay at 50%, or will cover a smaller percentage until you've had the plan for 24 months (for example 10% the first year, 20% the second, and 40% the third). Premiums will run $30 - $50 depending upon your location. You may want to check out dental schools where you can get good service at a reasonable cost. You can find the nearest school here: http://www.yourhealthplanadvisor.com/Den… You can also try Care Credit. You'll borrow the money but can pay it back interest free if you pay within the timeframe.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment