Saturday, November 20, 2010

How much does an employer typically contribute towards an employee's health/dental insurance premiums?

I don't start work until Monday, but I'm trying to figure a general idea of what my budget will be. I know about how much the plans cost in total, but I don't know how much my share will be. I'm working for a large hospital, about 2-3,000 employees in all.
--------------------
There is no "typical". It wasn't long ago that major employers with deep pockets would pay 100% of the cost. Even these employers have been squeezed by the relentless increase in health insurance. To compensate employers have been increasing deductibles and co pays and eventually asking the employees to contribute toward the cost of the health insurance. Because you work for a very large employer I would guess your participation would still be a small percentage (15 to 20%) but that is just a WAG. And as noted the rates you found are not the group rates a major employer would have negotiated. I guess you will have to wait till monday to really know the true answer.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment