Friday, December 10, 2010

Please Help me Find Great Dental Insurance.?

I've been searching online and all I can are dental plans. I want to find a great dental insurance that covers 80% of fillings at least 50% of root canals and crowns, but I don't want to have to wait 18 months for those services. Ideally I would like to wait 6 months for everything. Is there anything out there like this? I live in Colorado Springs, if that matters. Oh yeah I don't really care if it's expensive either.
--------------------
You would have to wait until there is open enrollment for new insurance customers. Around this time of the year, there is usually open enrollment, but you wouldnt' get coverage until about January of next year. I would suggest Aetna PPO or higher plans because they tend to give the best coverage, but of course it will cost more. I've seen an Aetna dental plan that covered 100% for diagnostic, preventative, basic, major, perio, endo, and crowns. But I would call to check with the dental insurance company to see what services they offer and to see if there are any waiting periods for procedures. If you are unsure what questions to ask the company here are some to start you off: 1) At what percentage are procedures (basic, preventative, diagnostic, endo, crowns, perio, and major) covered, under the best dental plan offered? 2) What dental insurance plan will give me the maximum benefit (most amount of money to use) for the calender year? 3) Are there any waiting periods? If yes, how long are they? 4) Is there orthodontic coverage? 5) And what are the age limits and conditions under this plan? 6) Are there any in-network dentists in my area? Also, after you do find a plan that best suits you, there are two terms that you might want to become familiar with. One is "In-network" and "out of network". "In-network" is when the dental office has a contract with the insurance company to offer you the insurance company rates, often leading to higher yearly benefit maximums, and greater percentage coverage for procedures. "Out of network" is when a dental office does not have a contract with the insurance company, often (but not always) leading to lower yearly benefit maximums, and lower percentage procedure coverage for your particular plan. It varies with each dental office. Good luck. *I would also look into Metlife, but try to steer clear of any public programs like Denti-Cal because their coverage is very minimal.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment