Thursday, December 2, 2010

Will having a dental plan ontop of my insurance help financially with the bill?

I need quite a bit of work on my teeth and a little bit of what may be considered cosmetic. Will having a dental plan on top of my insurance actually make a difference and help financially with the bill? (Considering of course that the dentist actually accepts both my insurance and plan)
--------------------
Normally your health insurance won't cover any dental unless it is specifically related to something other than your teeth. The dental coverage would generally not cover elective cosmetic procedures either, but your dentist might be able to get them to pay it. I'd ask the dentist's opinion here, but be advised that a lot of times the provider is paid less than normal by an insurance company, so they do have a financial incentive in some cases to mislead you on this a little.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment