Sunday, February 27, 2011

Can I add Dental coverage to my COBRA plan?

I as laid off in mid February (a little over 4 months ago). At the time I only chose to have COBRA for health insurance. I never thought I'd still be out of work when it came time for dental checkups, but that time is now coming up. So can I change my COBRA plan to now include dental coverage, or is it too late?
--------------------
Unfortunately, the answer is NO. However, you do have options, if you were to visit www.marcosvicentefinancial.com and click on the Health Care page, scroll down until you see Madison Dental, you can get a few quotes and compare your choice of programs -- and apply right online. If you are strapped for money (within your budget) you can scroll back up until you see CAREington Dental and that is a discount plan for about $12 per month (for the entire house hold). A lot of times actual Dental coverage plans are not worth the premiums; annual limitations, annual deductibles, 6 months to a year long waiting periods, monthly premiums, coinsurance percentages, & copays per visit !!! Besides, most of the time... "cash is king" at the dentist office and in the long run you'll be better off putting all that coin in your pocket and only spending when you actually need to go in for a cleaning or have work done. Sincerely, MarcosVicente
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment