Sunday, February 27, 2011

I have a denplan extensive cover, can I go abroad for treatment?

I could receive the same treatment in Germany for one third of the UK price...would I need to pay it myself or would I be able to recover it from my dental insurance co thanks.
--------------------
It should tell you on your policy terms and conditions. If it doesn't then contact them, if the answer is 'yes' then get them to confirm it in writing. If the answer is 'no' then ring again and make sure you get the same answer before giving up! Even if you think you are covered on reading your policy I would contact them before embarking on any treatment overseas.
Source

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I can confirm that you are able to claim for treatment received overseas under your Denplan Extensive cover. You do have a specific emergency overseas benefit which reimburses a maximum of £400 for temporary treatment carried out in the initial emergency appointment.
    For any remedial and restorative treatment you would claim under the same remedial and restorative benefits of your policy as you would if you were claiming for treatment in the UK.
    Hope this helps, please call if you need any more information: 0800 838951.
    Regards
    Denplan Ltd

    ReplyDelete