Thursday, February 10, 2011

Help shopping for dental coverage?

Hello, I am in the process of searching for a dental insurance that will cover a specific kind of braces ("6 month smiles") and one that also allows me to visit my current dentist. While searching for companies how would I address this to them so that I know I am getting the coverage I want?
--------------------
You're not going to find what you want. See, here's how it works: For orthodontics, a policy will typically pay a set amount - like 50%, up to $1,000. You have to buy coverage for a full year, at least, until it will PAY for any orthodontics. It pays the $1,000, divided up by the expected treatment (ie, if the orthodontist has a 12 month treatment plan, the policy would pay 1/12 per month), and you have to make the rest of the monthly payment yourself, AND pay the orthodontist a big fat downpayment besides. Private dental insurance doesn't usually pay out more than it costs. What you want - something where you pay in $25 a month for six months ($150), and get $10,000 in paid benefits, just doesn't exist.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment