Sunday, March 6, 2011

Estimate needed for dental work, California (apx. amount)?

I just had a lot of dental work done and am wondering if I paid too much. Was wondering what the work should have cost, then I will let you know what I paid. This is without dental insurance or a dental plan. First, an oral surgeon put me to sleep and pulled 7 teeth, all on the bottom, 2 wisdom teeth, 4 molars, 1 regular tooth, put bone graft in the socket holes. A general dentist did root canals on 3 upper teeth, none of which were molars, then put 11 crowns on all upper teeth. 6 of the crowns are Captek which is a high quality gold crown with porcelain on the outside, these 6 are on the front teeth. The other 5 crowns are regular metal crowns with porcelain on the outside, 3 which are molars, 2 regular teeth. I'm supposed to go back and have a partial denture made for the lower arch, for both the left and right side, but if I feel I am being overcharged, I may go somewhere else.
--------------------
I got to be honest. I can't even imagine what you paid. I know I had a crown replaced, some gum work around that crown, Invisalign, and then a new permanent crown. And that ran me in the thousands. I know my dad, who never took good care of his teeth, had them basically all yanked out and had dentures put in, he had a dentist friend do it for him and it was about $5000. If you're dealing with an oral surgeon, yanking teeth, wisdom teeth, bone graft, and 11 crowns. I'm guessing the crowns alone are about $7000. All told, and this is a wild guess, maybe at least $25,000. Unless you got a real good deal. I'm curious what you did pay. Let us know.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment