Thursday, March 24, 2011

How can I get help with financing my dental work?

My dentist bill is 11,575.00 with bad credit i can not get financed. I have dental insurance which only covers 1500.00 a year. My dentist started but has not yet finished and I am freaking out I can't sleep and I am majorly stressing out to the point of not being able to concentrate at work or focusing on my 13 year old daughter. I can't get any help from family. I am all alone on this one. I have a good job and able to make payments my credit got screwed up a few years ago due to child care, tuition being a single mom trying to make ends meet. I feel totally hopeless and feeling like such a failure. I dont know what to do
--------------------
If you can't afford to pay your dental bills, it may be beneficial to seek dental work at a dental clinic where they offer work for discounted prices. If you live around a dental school, they can do a lot of work and they often only charge you lab bills (for making crowns, bridges, etc.) If you must stay with the current dentist, ask him/her to prioritize the work that needs to be done, and perhaps you can do a little at a time so that it is not so stressful financially. If they are really pressuring you, you may want to get a second opinion. While its possible that you need to have a lot of work done, it most likely doesn't need to be done all at once. I'd check to see if another dentist agrees with your current dentist's treatment plan. I hope that they are not overtreating you to make money.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment