Friday, April 8, 2011

I need health insurance. Calgary...Alberta?

I used to have health insurance (Great West Life) with my previous employer in Ontario. Now I moved to Calgary and I'm working as a consultant. My husband is a self employee as well. And we need a health insurance to cover drug, eye, dental, etc. for just in case. We barely used it but it is always good to have it. You'll never know right? Anybody knows how / where to get it? Because we are a couple do we have to pay more than we used to pay when we were working? Also which insurers would you recommend? Thanks
--------------------
One insurer that I know of and that advertises frequently is "Flex Care" from Manulife Financial. They advertise as affordable supplementary health care for self-employed people. You can also select the kinds of coverage that you want, and that allows you to customize your coverage to your needs. I'm sure there are other plans which also allow this kind of coverage. Blue Cross is a Canada-wide insurer that offers supplementary coverage. You can actually get quotes from a variety of insurers online, using Health Insurance Quotes Canada. Their site is: http://www.healthquotes.ca/?gclid=COPSjd… Another place to get quotes: http://www.canadian-family-medical-plans…
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment