Friday, April 8, 2011

My daughter had surgery to remove an impacted tooth. Did I get cheated?

The dentist/oral surgeon wanted to do the operation at a hospital instead of his office. Everything went great untill I had to pay for it. I got stuck with the entire bill, because my dental insurance said "it was a medical proceadure" and my medical insurance said "it was a dental proceadure. What can I do to make these dead beat insurance anancys pay their part?
--------------------
No, you have to appeal it. I'm assuming your daughter was pretty young, and needed a general anesthesia. I actually had to have a dental procedure done on one of my babies for medical reasons - he was born severely tongue tied. Same thing. It took six months of followups to get paid. Dental denied as voluntary, medical denies as dental, lots of letter writing and phone calls, but there was a feeding issue so it had to be done. And it got done. Just stay polite when you talk to the morons at the insurance company, and you'll get farther, faster.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment