Friday, April 29, 2011

Question about braces and insurance?

Ok my mom's job (she's a hospital nurse) went bankrupt so then another company took over. She had to get a new dental and health insurance thing and they were supposed to start taking money directly from her paycheck. They'll take it this upcoming paycheck and yeah. Well I need braces and my mom said that since it just started I can't get them. Is that true? And is it possible to get braces without insurance and then when it kicks in, you can start using payments with insurance (sorry if that doesn't make any sense!). BTW the insurance is called Aetna.
--------------------
Well I had the opposite situation. I too had gotten braces through my moms aetna dental plan and then after her company shut down I was forced to pay out of pocket. It is possible to get braces without insurance its just very very expensive. Once my insurance ran out I was responsible for making their payments on top of mine taking my 138.00 payment to almost 400.00. Some offices offer credit cards which you can use to pay for your braces as well. There is a number on the back of your insurance card that you can call and ask a represenative if they will allow you guys to make a payment out of pocket until your insurance plan kicks in, and also make sure your future ortho office knows of the plan too. Good luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment