Sunday, May 29, 2011

What dental problems can be harmful during pregnancy?

I am 23 weeks pregnant, I live in Ca, and I have medi- cal insurance, along with another insurance through my work, my work insurance Anthem blue cross doesn't pay for much for dental and I am maxed out for dental with them right now. Medi-cal on the other hand will pay for extractions, and when I went to the dentists office Saturday I was told that medi-cal will also pay for procedures that can potentially be harmful to a pregnancy. I know that my dentists want to do a deep cleaning on me, and I know that if I don't get this procedure that the bacteria built up can cause preterm labor. I am also wondering if anyone knows what other procedures would be covered and considered possibly harmful to a pregnancy. I have quite a few dental issues, so I would like to get as much as I can covered by medi-cal, other wise with the anthem insurance I have to pay mostly all of all dental procedures, and I owe so much right now that there is no way that I could possibly get any more dental work done unless it is covered by medical, for the next year or so. Thanks for the answers in advance, and God bless you all.
--------------------
any condition like cavity or abscess causing severe pain can lead to premature delivery.... ...abscess will also have the potential for the infection to spread throughout your body and pose a threat to both the mother's and baby's health..... ..periodontal / gum disease can lead to premature delivery and low birth weight of the baby...
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment