Saturday, June 25, 2011

Unforseen Dental Charges.. How can I deal with an unethical dentist:? ?

Long story short. I had an oral surgery consult back in July. I scheduled my oral surgery in August. I was told at that time I had a co pay of $115 for my extraction. Today I got a bill from this oral surgeon.... more than 6 weeks later. Showing I owe $300+ dollars that my insurance didn't cover.. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS! I FEEL THAT THE DENTAL OFFICE WAS VERY DISHONEST AND THAT NOW I AM STUCK WITH A HUGE UNFORSEEN BILL. ADVICE ON HOW TO FIGHT THIS??
--------------------
Your not going to like this answer, but technically it is YOUR responsibility to see how much, if any, your insurance will pay. The oral surgeon's office probably assumed you already knew you'd have to pay. I wouldn't fight the oral surgeon's office, I'd contact your insurance office. EDITED TO ADD: Co-pays are NOT final bills. It is very common and not unethical at all to charge a co-pay fee, and STILL end up owning a portion of the bill.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment