Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Can I get a outside dental insurance plan?

My step Dad's insurance company dropped me under his dental insurance plan. So far I still get medical and etc... Because of my age I'm about to be drop out his insurance plan all together. Is there any way I can get an affordable dental insurance plan?
--------------------
You should definitely make sure you're continually covered on health insurance, but dental insurance is somewhat less important, and less cost effective. That is to say, health insurance is important, because it's entirely possible to at any moment get into an accident or develop a serious illness, etc, and it's important to be covered just in case, but any given year, most people do not require serious medical care, which is why your costs are relatively low compared to the amount of care that you could potentially get for that investment in insurance premiums. In dental insurance however, there aren't really pricey emergencies in the same way, and so you do just about as well paying for care when you receive it, as if you were paying an insurance company a monthly premium. That being said, I used ehealthinsurance.com to find a private dental insurance program that costs me about the same over six months as I would pay the dentist for the every six-month check-up, so I did sign up for it, just because that's motivation for me to actually make the appointment.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment