Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How does not having insurance affect getting dental treatment?

I've never been to the dentist in my life. I have a cavity I want to take care of now. I'm mostly worried about possibly being denied dental treatment. How does not having insurance affect getting dental treatment? What is the typical fee for taking care of a cavity?
--------------------
Dental insurance affects only the patient's willingness to go to the dentist. People don't want to spend money, and they are concerned that a visit to the dentist might be expensive, so they put off getting treatment when they don't have insurance. Putting off dental visits actually winds up costing much more in the end. Simple dental treatments like routine cleanings and small fillings are not that expensive, while serious procedures, like root canals, crowns, bridges and dental implants cost a lot. Go to the dentist and get your cavity filled. Trust me: regular dental care will save you a ton of money in the long run.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment