Wednesday, November 24, 2010

If you have dental insurance, but doesn't cover braces is their grants or financial assistance available?

The dental condition I have is failure of the upper caninines to come down. I'm 34 now and insurance only covers up to age 19. I need to correct, but cannot afford braces. Thought maybe there was an instution that works with this defect since it only happens to about 2 percent of the population. Thanks.
--------------------
There are no such financial aids to my knowledge. However, see if there is a dental school in your area. You can get all the services for a fraction of the cost. The work is done by students near the end of their training and they are supervised the entire time. Might be an affordable option for you. A family with money issues that I knew in Michigan had all their dental work done at a dental school and were very pleased with them.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment