Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How do i get my insurance to pay for dental implants?

I got a couple of teeth pulled months ago. Now my other teeth are starting to get worse its hard to chew cause its either cold or it just hurts to chew. And my gums are starting to bleed! Not to mention I kind of have a lisp when I talk now :( And I'm good at brushing my teeth but when I was a kid I wasn't and my parents never took me to the dentist!
--------------------
As the previous answer says, most insurance plans specifically exclude implants. It's kind of stupid, since implants are the best treatment. But it's also understandable, because they are so expensive. Of course, there is an alternative to implants, which is a bridge (either temporary or permanent). Most insurance companies WILL pay for a bridge, at least partly. Ask your dentist about whether a bridge would work for you. They are unnoticeable, and the permanent ones will last for decades. Having a permanent bridge is not at all like having false teeth. But if your gums are bleeding and you are having trouble chewing, you may have other problems beside the missing teeth. You need to get back to the dentist and have him look at your mouth. It sounds like you could be having gum disease problems, and you need to clear that up before you think about implants, a bridge, or anything else. I would not wait on this. These kinds of problems get worse rather than better if left on their own. Good luck!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment