Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Rough estimate of Health/Dental Insurance Cost of family of four?

I am considering taking a position with a firm that currently does not offer health insurance. I will ofcoarse seek professional help to get a better number, I just wanted to see what sort of range I will be looking at. I live in Texas and both my wife and I are in our late 20s and have two one year olds. Thanks
--------------------
First, do not get the discount plan mentioned in the first answer. Even if you get a discount plan, you will still need to get insurance, and there is no reason to get both. Getting both will cost more than just getting insurance, and offers no advantage. Getting only the discount plan would leave you uninsured and could cost you more than getting nothing. Using arbitrary dates of birth within the age ranges you mentioned, and using an arbitrary Houston ZIP code for you address, http://ehealthinsurance.com said that you had over 100 options for health insurance, ranging in price from $138 per month for BlueCross BlueShield of Texas Foundation Hospital Care Plan I (Hospital Only Plan) to $1325.02 per month for UnitedHealthOne Copay Select 80 - 500. I did not check dental prices, but they are usually much less than health insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment