Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Individual dental insurance?

I'm 22 years old and I'm looking for dental insurance. I've called a few places that I could find that offer dental insurance and either I do not qualify because of my age or dental insurance isn't available for my state. I'm in the State of NY. I called AARP--- they only deal with senior citizens. I called Delta Dental and they don't serve NY. I called MVPHealthCare.com, I forgot their reason but I think it was the same as Excellus reason (they don't offer it individually, I must go through an employer). I can't go through an employer cause I'm self-employed. I turned to EHealthCare.com but I have a feeling they are a scam. They claim to be a broker for several comapnies. When I run a quick quote on their site, it comes up with "Bay Dental" as the insurer, but they HAVE NO INFORMATION about bay dental to give me. I wanted to research the insurer first but I couldn't cause they didn't give me any info about them. ehealthinsurance.com gave me dentemax.com and claim they are something to do with bay dental, then they told me bay dental is underwritten by a comapny called "Standard Security Life" and i can't find any company by that name. The only one I found was Standard Security Life of NY but they are a completely different company. There is a company called bay dental but it's in california and they are a dentist office. So, i'm completely lost. I'm eligible for bay dental pan thruogh ehealthinsurance.com but i'm scared to sign up because i don't know if bay dental plan is a true company or if ehealthinsurance.com is a complete scam. The weird thing is this. Ehealthinsurance.com said that I must pay them in full with a credit card for their bay dental plan or they can deduct it each month but i have to give them a bank account. They won't charge my credit card monthly for the plan. Instead they want my bank account # to charge it monthly. They will only use my credit card if i want to pay it in full. DO YOU KNOW anyone who offers dental insurance for the state of NY? I"m not looking for a dental plan where I'm limited to the company's dentist office. I have my own dentist I go to and i want some type of insurance to go to my dentist of choice.
--------------------
Private dental insurance (as opposed to employer dental insurance) is extremely expensive and usually does not make any sense to buy. But, there are affordable dental discount plans. I am self-employed and I have saved thousands in dollars in dental costs over the years by using a discount dental plan. The plan that I selected is the GE Dental Plan, but I don't know if it is available in your state. There are many good plans to choose from. These plans have a low yearly premium, and offer major discounts at participating dentists. See http://www.lowpriceddentalplans.com to see which discount plans are available for your zip code.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment