Thursday, January 6, 2011

Can my ex wife make me pay for half of my kids braces before insurance?

My Ex is remarried and carriers dental insurance on our kids through her work insurance and her new husbands insurance. She is stating that I owe half of the amount for braces without her new husband using his insurance. I told that is fine if she doesn't submit it to his insurance, but if she does and his insurance pays then I should only owe half of the out-of-pocket costs. Does anyone know if I am right?
--------------------
Actually you need to check with the provisions of your divorce decree. I found out that since braces are "cosmetic" that my ex-husband could refuse to pay for any of it, which he did. I paid for all out-of-pocket expenses for my son's braces all by myself. Sounds like she's trying to get over on you!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment