Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wisdom Teeth Extraction: Ameriplan OR Dental Insurance?

All 4 of my wisdom teeth are impacted - 1 is 2/3rds the way out, 1 is moving slightly and I've yet (knock on wood!) to have any issues with the other 2. I was a member of Ameriplan a few years back but never had to use it because I was covered under BlueCross in which I am no longer covered under either. Would it be best to re-register with the Ameriplan (25% discount) or an individual dental insurance (which would POSSIBLY be more beneficial depending on the coverage amount/deductible, etc.) for about the same $ monthly? If you feel as though the individual dental insurance would be best, does anyone have any recommendations for coverage companies, etc.? Thanks! ps- PLEASE don't SPAM this with the Ameriplan links & false reviews!
--------------------
Thats a tough decision to make. Ameriplan will cover anywhere from %25-%50 and you pay less per month on the benefits, on the other hand insurance may cost a little more each month and also have a waiting period before it can be used. I believe the insurance should cover %50 of the cost or typically up to $2500 for orthodontic treatment. I believe the best bet would be for you to call the providers in the area and find out how much it would cost for braces weather it would be ameriplan or insurance. Im like you, I have both. Here is my reps website.. www.healthsavings.ourperfectcard.com there should be a link for provider search and begin your search by calling the orthodontist. Then compare with possible insurance. www.dentalplans.com will have some insurance companies you could compare to. Call providers and get an estimate.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment