Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dental Insurance Question))))))?

I got dental insurance but I think my company is going to let me go soon. If I go to the dentist and begin to have work done and the company let's me go will I need to pay the difference or does the insurance pay out before the start the work???
--------------------
if its like my insurance, which is through work, than they wont pay til after. as usually the dentist needs to wait til the works actually done, although when u go for a consult they should tell you exactly what they want to do and list how much everything costs and then list how much they ESTIMATE insurance will pay on it and how much you will have to pay after insurance has paid. Mine usually took 2-3 weeks for the insurance to pay as the dentist has to bill insurance, which then has to be filed and then ins will turn around and pay the % covered by them and then you will get a bill for what insurance did not pay for because of their policies or your plan. Now if you get released, lets say in 2 weeks from now. you will still be having that insurance payment coming out of your check for that time, therefore if you get the work done in 2 weeks (before you "might" get released) then they would still pay for it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment