Tuesday, January 25, 2011

[Emergency Help] I am a full time student without a job or dental insurance?

I live in the Columbus Ohio area, and i have always had cavities i've been ignoring hoping to get a better job after college and take care of things then. Well now on two of my teeth the enamel is almost completely gone and now i cracked/broke one of my lower teeth and it hurts/bleeds badly.... lately I've been feeling really sick and i think its because of my tooth. I can't even eat without it hurting badly now. I've tried calling OSU medical center but they are trying to tell me it's going to cost over 1000$ to fix 4 teeth and perform the work it may need. Then they referred me to "Dental Options" which supposedly does free dental work, i called them... they asked for my name and address and said have a nice day... wouldn't even listen to me. So next i tried Franklin county health department, they said they have NOTHING to help with dental and referred me to COLUMBUS health department... i call them and it says they aren't accepting any new patients until august 11th and that even if they did get me in on an emergency that they could only pull the teeth, not fix clean or fill. So now I've looked all over the internet and called other places only to be told they don't accept new patients or payments of any kind. I don't have thousands of dollars, summer quarter just started and financial aid and my school loans only cover enough for my books tuition and gas to get there... i have a whole 112.00$ in my bank account that's supposed to last me the next three months. What makes matters worse is that i need to be put under (put to sleep) because I've always had a bad gag reflex or phobia of things near my throat. I'm out of options, in pain and tears from frustration that nobody can seem to help me. I feel sick and i'm not sure what else i can try or do. I just want help with my teeth. Can anyone help me with suggestions or referrals?
--------------------
Can you buy dental insurance through the university? They often will offer plans to graduate students. It may be expensive, but it sounds like you need this work done.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment