Saturday, January 15, 2011

dental insurance?

I have a new job and am signing up for my benefits and they offer dental insurance through guardian BUT my dentist is not on that insurance on either plan, she doesnt take it at all. i love my dentist and she made me a nightguard since i grind my teeth at night and i'd hate to sign up for this dental insurance and have to go to one of those castle dentals or whatever just for a free cleaning when i could stay with my dentist and just pay out of pocket. i am 29 and have very healthy teeth, i dont have any cavities and i have straight teeth so no work is needed. should i opt out of dental insurance all together or should i get the dental plan and see castle dental and ditch my current dentist? i dont think it would be right to see my current dentist just for the night guard and go to another one for cleaning, etc. that wouldnt be fair. what do you think? i dont know what to do!
--------------------
dental insurance is a big money maker as once your teeth are in good shape, the amount paid out in benefits is minimal, still you should weigh the cost of two cleanings a year, one set of x-rays and the potential of something going bad $300, against the premium for the year.......... in regards to the dentist that you love.......it sounds like he loves his wallet more as he doesn't participate in any insurance plans, which means he doesn't discount his services for the benefit of his patients....... try someone else who is on the plan
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment