Friday, January 14, 2011

What are names of major Dental Plans?

I am looking to purchase dental insurance for my family because the one I have now sucks. I am trying to find names of major dental insurance companies to find the best plan for my family. Thanks in advance for your help.
--------------------
1. Do not purchase a discount plan because that is exactly what you will get. Not only that, but you'll discover that the doctors that are approved on the discount plans don't give you the service or quality work and care that you want. 2. When looking for benefits that will be covered, make sure that your cleanings and exams are fully paid for. Most all major plans will pay for your entire checkup, but pay attention to what you're allowed with frequency of x-rays. The norm is one set of bitewings per year, and one panoramic/full mouth series every 3-5 years. Besides that, the amount that is usually allowed on crowns and major restorative work is 50%, where your fillings might be covered up to 80% on most plans. 3. I don't know 100% on this part, but it may be difficult to find coverage through a major dental carrier without having your health insurance with them, too. I know where I work, we don't offer dental insurance as a stand-alone product unless you purchase health insurance as well. 4. Some of the best major companies are MetLife, BCBS, Cigna, Aetna, and Humana. Good luck finding a company that meets your needs.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment