Sunday, February 13, 2011

Is is possible to work at a Dental Office before getting your AS?

I am moving to WA from FL soon. I have done all my paper work and, but the college I applied to is requiring that I work at a Dental Office prior to applying for their Dental Hygiene program. I was wondering if that was possible and how can I go about accomplishing that? I have administrative experience, but have never worked with insurance.
--------------------
You could work in the office as an assistant. Normally they allow you to work under a dentist if you are going to school, or are studying to take some test. Check with the state laws to be sure. Call some dentist and explain that in order for you to go to hygiene school you have to work in an office. Some will probably let you work once they understand the circumstances. Best of Luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment