Sunday, March 27, 2011

My dentist just sold his office to a new Dentist, I just found out the hard way hes not in PDP 4 insurance!?

My dentist sold his entire office and practice to a new dentist about 4 months ago. I had seen the new dentist twice since then. I just got a $300.00 bill that should have been only $40.00 or so. Turns out the new dentist does not accept my dental insurance and is not in my preferred dental provider network. I'm really worried because my parents were going to this same dentist and had 1000's of dollars worth of work done in the last few months, I just warned them of this and they will look into it tomorrow. But what rights do we have as it is right now, shouldn't our new dentist have told this when we started seeing him? I'm extremely pissed as you can imagine. I had been seeing my old dentist for about 5 years. Does anyone happen to know what rights I have and my parents who could be out a lot more money?
--------------------
Where do you live? The laws on these matters vary from state to state. You could look into the "State Dental Board" (every state has some body that regulates licenses for medical professionals). A good option may be to try to negotiate with the new dentist since you were expecting to pay less and he didn't inform you. If you don't mind "playing hardball" you could always tell them you absolutely won't pay the full amount. Collection agencies can be annoying (especially if you care about your credit rating), but they often have little to no "real power", especially for small to mid size debts.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment