Sunday, March 27, 2011

What can I do? My mouth really hurts...I have a cavity but no insurance and no dentist.?

Hi, I'm a 20-year-old college student, working full-time, just trying to stay ahead of my bills. I don't have any extra money at the moment, in fact, I'm a little bit in debt. The right side of my mouth is doing pretty bad. I don't have dental insurance and I haven't been to the dentist in years. I'm also deathly afraid of needles, so I'm not too keen about going. My gums are swollen on that side, and I'm pretty sure I have a bad cavity on one of my molars -- it's a little hole and it REALLY hurts when something gets inside it. I can't stand the pain. It's to the point where all I do now is drink water and eat Jell-O. Oh, and to top it off, I have a wisdom tooth coming in back there -- but it's coming in sideways. So that's probably going to have to get pulled. I know I can't afford even half of what I need to get done. Are there any at-home tips anyone has? Please. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--------------------
I think you're going to need to make an appointment and deal with this. Dental problems can quickly spiral out of control. The problems can spread to other teeth or even to other parts of your body. It's better to take on more debt now than lose your teeth and have to pay thousands per tooth for replacements. Does you school have a dental plan? Is there a dental school nearby? You can call and ask about reduced rates. I honestly think you need to take care of this now. It'll be tough to get a job using your college degree if your teeth are visibly missing or rotting out (and it sounds like you're on your way to this sad future).
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment