Friday, March 11, 2011

Question for DENTAL people?

How can I find a dentist who will do just a cleaning? I don't have dental insurance. I pay cash or check. I'm an easy customer. My teeth are in decent shape. In and out. ALL I want is a cleaning. My last dentist installed laptops in each hygenist area to quickly book additional appointments for additional mouthwork while the customer is in an awkward position on the chair. They were very nice people ten years ago. Now, they've grown quite ugly in their relentless push for selling upgrades. It took me a while to recognize that my "friends" at the dentist have gradually gotten meaner and greedier. I was actually getting scared on my last visit. Gentleness with the tools seemed to have disappeared. I understand they have bills to pay, but I don't want to have to fight to keep my $85 cleaning charge from ballooning up to $350 for all kinds of stuff I don't want. I did find a place, but they said the dentist will have to look at me first. What is that going to cost? I just want a cleaning. What is so hard about that? Any ideas on finding a dentist who will just do a simple, fair-priced cleaning? Thank you.
--------------------
They will recommend certain procedures because by law they have to. But you have the right to refuse services. But if they have to do an exam or xray first, then they must to protect themselves from any lawsuits and/or damage to a persons oral health. You could get an exam one day then 2 weeks later get an xray, then 2 more weeks later get a cleaning. Spread out your money so it does not have to be a lump sum. Maybe this site can be of good use to you: www.healthsavings.ourperfectcard.com I signed up online over 5 years ago now and they have saved me thousands of dollars over the years on all services. My benefits were even active in 2 hours and was able to use them the very same day.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment