Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What can I do to keep my mouth healthy?

I am one of the millions of people who are living life uninsured. I do not have dental insurance, and I have not been able to go to the dentist in about 5yrs. I can tell that I already have cavities...but I could never afford to go in and get them taken care of. I wanna know what I can do to keep my mouth and teeth healthy, besides the usual brush and floss, and mouth wash.
--------------------
1) Drink plenty of water or get a fluoride rinse. I wouldn't do both unless prescribed to do so. This only helps the enamel regenerate. It helps prevent cavities, not remove them. 2) Chew gum with xylitol (sp). 3) Go to the dentist ASAP. A cavity can be filled and cost $200. You can get a root canal if you don't catch a cavity in time and cost you more than $1500. A lost tooth due to a decay and can be replaced can cost more than $4000. If cost is an issue, you can get "health cards", which are credit cards for health issues (like dental). https://www.citicards.com/cards/portal/h… is an example. You can also go to dental school for cheaper rates. Don' worry, the students are monitored. You may be there longer, but it's cheaper.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment