Monday, March 7, 2011

What insurance is my wisdom teeth filed under if the teeth are impacted?

The receptionist told me that if they are impacted they will be filed under my health. My dental covers 80% of wisdom teeth, My health will cover None. What decides this my teeth or the dentist?
--------------------
There are some medical plans that does cover oral surgery. however, from my experience there are not a lot of them out there. If there are not any oral surgery benefits then the surgery will have do go to dental if ur dental plan covers it. now there is a possibility (depending on who your insurance company is) that you can get the facility and anes charges covered under your medical but will need to be pre authorized more than likely. check with your medical plan yourself and see if you have the oral surg ben if not ask them about the fac and anes charges! good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment