Thursday, April 28, 2011

Does insurance cover teeth extraction for braces.?

I have Aetna dental and medical insurance. i recently had to get 4 of my bicuspids extracted for braces purpose. I called Aetna ahead to see if the cost will be cover by insurance, they told me yes, it will cover 90%, also on my dental plan it says it will cover 90%. but when I went into the dental office, people from the dental office told me since it's for braces, insurance will not cover. but they didn't even bother to get down my information and call my insurance, so how would they know if it's not covered? I ended up paying with my credit card, cause i really need to get it done. i want to find out if the cost is covered by insurance or not, what should i do next? and if it's covered how do i get reimburse? thank you
--------------------
Ask your dental office to submit it to your insurance for you. If that is not a common practice for them ask for a quick claim form with the proper codes, teeth numbers and fees along with the proper dentists identification then get a dental form from your employers HR dept. and submit it yourself.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment