Thursday, April 28, 2011

Should my kids dad chip in for dental work?

In our divorce decree the children are to be covered by fathers insurance. The dental office when I first set up my kids appts. said the bills would have to be sent to him because the insurance is in his name. Well, he is not paying the bills. I pay all the up front fees they ask for because he never takes them to get work done. He says they don't need it because its too expensive but they have severly buck teeth and need braces. He spends lots of money on medical bills etc. for his girlfriend and her kids though. My kids really want the braces but it looks like I will have to find a way to pay up front cost and bills after insurance. The dentist will not continue to see them otherwise. We have a so-called 50-50 arrangement according to the decree but he just isn't doing his part. I don't know if I should just scrape on by or if I should really try to modify custody and residency so I can get help for my kids. Isn't his disregard for their physical well being child neglect and abuse?
--------------------
Absolutely! You didn't make your children yourself! He should step up to the plate and stop neglecting his children, especially if he can manage to pay for his girlfriend and her kids. I would definitely take him to court for this. He is not doing what he agreed by law that he would do. Good luck, I'm hoping things will turn out okay for you and your children!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment