Saturday, April 23, 2011

My dentist said I need a root canal and it will be $2,600! Any idea how to get this on the cheap?

I have dental insurance, but it is not very good.
--------------------
That's exceedingly high. Does this include an immediate crown? Even then, it sounds REALLY high by about 500$, minimum. Try calling other endodontists and comparing out of pocket cost. My crowns, porcelian over noble metal, were 500$ roughly. My root canals were covered, but my boyfriend currently needs a root canal and we've been getting out of pocket quotes for roughly 1,000$. The tooth only abscesses or breaks apart if a crown is not applied within a reasonable amount of time. Both of my front teeth were crowned almost 10 years ago and I have had no trouble what so ever from the root canals or crowns. Once the tooth starts turning color after the root canal has been done, you will need a crown fairly shortly. It doesn't always have to be done immediately. A root canal is intended as preperation for a crown to save the tooth.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment