Monday, April 11, 2011

My front tooth hurts when I put pressure on it (touch with finger or bite on something) what should I do?

-I don't have dental insurance for another month. -I think I banged it through my lip but I had slight problems with it before then. -I've been using my old invisalign to stabilize it and it helps it feel painless but as soon as I take them out and it hits my bottom tooth it aches again. -It might be slightly looser than originally but if so, not much.
--------------------
You have the classic symptoms of the beginning of the nerve starting to die. It sounds like you will need a root canal to save the tooth. I understand your insurance concerns, but in all honesty, to wait another month you run the risk of swelling up your face and much more severe pain. II don't know if you want to chance it. I wish you good luck.
Source

1 comment:

  1. Yes, having root canal to save your tooth is advisable in a situation like this. Hmm, your insurance concerns can be a problem, but you may have had more problems if you didn't get your teeth fixed. You can suffer from pain for a long time with that.

    [Glenn Koehm]

    ReplyDelete