Friday, December 3, 2010

Dental Insurance wont cover surgery?

I have a really bad cavity on my upper right wisdom tooth that needs to be taken out, but the oral surgeon that I want to do the surgery does not particapate with my Dental Insurance. What can I do? I can not afford to pay out-of -pocket.
--------------------
See if they will accept assignment of benefits from you (so the payment goes directly to them). Call your insurance company and find out approximately how much they will cover, and you pay the difference up front. (You'll need to get the procedure codes from the office). Once the payment is received from the insurance company, if you still owe a balance you will be billed for it. Orrrrrrrrrr talk to others that have used one of the surgeons that do participate in your plan, but remember that just because they participate, it doesn't mean you will not have any out-of-pocket expenses. Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment