Friday, December 3, 2010

What should I do if I don't have dental insurance?

I need a crown, I think. The dentist handed me an Ameriplan brochure and said other patients have used it but after looking online at reviews, I'm not so sure. Anyone been in this spot?
--------------------
If it is a "health credit card" (or loan), it works like any other credit card. Since you have no collateral, they will most likely charge a high interest rate. If you have other options, use those options first. The loan is fine as long as you understand the fees involved and the consequences for not paying on time. If you can pay it off within a month or two with the interest, it should be fine. If you are not very good with money or paying bills on time then I wouldn't even consider it. You may want to see if you can find a dental school around you that may provide services for a lower fee or see if there are alternative treatments for the short term until you can save money for the crown.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment