Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Is insurance available for a removable dental device?

I have a removable partial dental plate with a replacement value of between two and three thousand dollars. I occasionally remove it when I am fatigued, and stick it in a pocket or, worse, leave it on a table. I try to be careful, but I am somewhat forgetful and have already lost one device, which took a lot of money and effort to replace. I wonder if there is an insurance company which would provide replacement insurance for the device in the event (heaven forbid!) I lose it again in the future.
--------------------
Nope. I've had a lot of people ask me about it, but the fact is, they are SO easily lost, and SO expensive, that they aren't insurable for "oops I lost it". They are, however, covered under your standard homeowners policy for things like fire, or vehicular damage if a car should hit you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment