Sunday, January 30, 2011

Do I have to worry about the 63 days time limit for pre existing coditions for Dental plans

I recently left a job and my employeer warned me that I have 63 days to get an insurance policy otherwise pre-exisiting conditions clauses would kick in. So I diligently got my medical insurance. My question is how does Dental insurance work in this regard. Do most policies also have a 63 days no prexisting condition clause or do most have the usual "waiting period" regardless of the fact if you had insurance immediatly before, 63 days before or never before. I am trying to save some money and I had my teeth thoroughly checked right before I left my job, so I figure if it makes no difference why not wait at least 6 months until my next cleaning is due and THEN get dental insurance... But if it works the same way as Medical with the 63 days and pre exisitng condition issues and the health care crisis, maybe I should not risk it and get a policy ASAP. Any thoughts out there?
--------------------
Yes you have to honour the time limit
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment