Monday, January 31, 2011

Is this a trick or what? Oral Surgery Registration Clerk didn't include my claim from dental insurance?

Is this a trick or what? Medical registration clerk gave me a form of estimated treatment cost and under the "arrangements for payment" it says "amount to be paid on day of treatment of $____. It seems like she didn't calculate my insurance coverage. Then I was like hm... expensive. Then she said oh I will be writing a letter to the insurance company know that it will cover your cost. The thing was I signed the paper it said "I understand and agree to the above arrangements". I don't even know the exact cost of my wisdom teeth extraction. Before I signed the paper, the lady told me that oh you signed it to make sure that you've review it. I will call you in a week to let you know about it. I don't think it should take a week for it to complete, should it? I feel so stupid in a way that I signed the paper. Please advice!
--------------------
What the receptionist is trying to do or say is... She will be submitting a Pre-Auth to your insurance company. They will send you and the dental office a copy of what they will pay for your extractions. Generally, and I say generally they cover 80% of the fees that your dentist charges. Also, if the insurance company thinks your dentist charges too much, the ins comp will tell you what their allowance is for your extractions and then they will pay 80% of their fee schedule. You will be responsible for your deductible if it has not be satisfied as well as the 20%.I hope this has helped you to understand. Good Luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment