Wednesday, January 26, 2011

There is a dentist bill claiming unpaid but I had insurance?

I had insurance through my old employer the time I went to see my dentist. They claim I never paid the bill. I work at a new place now. How do I go about going back and retreiving all the old information so I can get that off my credit report? It's been a couple of years and I don't remember who my dental insurance was.
--------------------
First thing you need to do is contact your old job. If there is a human resources department, that is a good number to call. They should have all your information on file. Get the phone numbers for the insurance company, and all the policy information you can. You may find that the dental visit was either not submitted to the insurance company, or rejected by the insurance company. (Sometimes the rejection is an error, sometimes it is due to your company not paying the insurance premiums on time and not letting you know about the coverage lapse.) If it was not submitted, contact the dentist and let them know what happened. They should be able to provide you with the documentation you will need to submit to the insurance company. If it was rejected, you need to pay the dentist as soon as possible. Either way, you may need to get money to the dentist office immediately until this is cleared up. Many now ask for the money up front and let you bill the insurance on your own time. -well wishes
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment