Sunday, January 2, 2011

What are dental options for the uninsured?

I make pretty good money, but my company doesn't have dental insurance and I don't really want to drop $1000 for a crown. Are there any options for those who don't have dental insurance but don't qualify for medicaid or other low-income places?
--------------------
I really have a problem with the way our government is handling the medical problems of it's citizens. I don't have dental coverage either, and believe me after having to shell out seven hundred dollars for two teeth to be removed plus anesthesia I was mortified. You at least have a job. I don't because I'm on disability (no prescription cov either). What are people like us supposed to do? I guess we have two choices. Let your teeth decay, and fall out or go to a private dentist, and pay up the nose. In your case because you are employed, and make a good salary you should be able to pay on a payment plan with your dentist because they do have them. Why not try to find out if they have a dental college in your area? If they do I would take a chance depending on the severity of your problem. I think it would be less expensive than a private dentist.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment