Tuesday, February 1, 2011

i paid my dental bill in full but they still filed the claim to my insurance company and got reimbursement che

i paid my dental bill in full but the dentist still filed on my insurance. my reimbursement check was sent to the dentist also. isnt that a crime? why should they even file the claim if they have already been paid. i told them i would file for my reimbursement myself. i feel like they are ripping me off and getting paid twice
--------------------
If you paid your bill in full, and your dental insurance paid it's share, you should have a credit balance on your account, which should be refunded to you. While submitting insurance claims is time-consuming and can be frustrating at times, there is no reason your benefits should have been assigned to the denist....unless of course your signature was forged. Get a copy of the EOB (explanation of benefits) from the dental office and request a check in full for the amount due you.... it should match the EOB amount, so you won't be ripped off a second time. If the claim was submitted electronically, someone still had to be sitting at the keyboard and hit 'go', so it's not a standard submission. Whoever did it needs to pay more attention to what they're doing......... Best of luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment