Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My fiance has dental hygiene issues and I need help?

We have been together for two and a half years. We have not set our wedding date because of this and another health issue he has. He rarely brushes his teeth or flosses. His gums are red and he has bad breath all the time. Almost every day I tell him to brush, floss, and use mouthwash. I think he has periodontal disease. He won't find out what his dental insurance coverage is through his work though I have asked him to do this and go see a dentist for two years now. I'm at my wit's end! What more can I do? How can I get him to listen?
--------------------
wow...you are in a mess...he sounds like he has more issues than his teeth....there must be a hidden reason why he is not taking care of his health. You also are at risk, can you imagine the germs he is carrying around and they can be passed on to you. In my opinion, call your city health dept. and see what services they would suggest. We have a dental school at our junior college and they have students who work under supervision on the patients. I believe the prices are very reasonable. If that is what is keeping him from going the money. His dental health affects not just his mouth but his whole body. Just think if you were married to him? If he is not taking care of himself now..what do you think he will do then. I'd give a lot of thought before I said...I do..to someone who says...I won't!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment