Friday, February 18, 2011

Is it possible for a person on workman's comp to get dental coverage from the Carrier?

I have no insurance, but the coverage for the injury I recieved at the work place, which is for a lower back injury. The carrier does provide me with a bi-weekly check, but I discovered that the dental work I need will cost over $3000 dollars. I also would appreciate it if someone out there can also answer this other question: I have recently moved from New York to Pennslyvania, and finding a doctor to continue treatment has been difficult. Thus, I have been traveling to and from the doctor's in NY. to continue treatment as well as benefits. My question is it possible to have the carrier pay for a rental because my car will not last if I drive back and forth for once a month. Please help me out!
--------------------
Workers' Comp insurance is for injuries that you sustain from an accident while working or traveling to and from your job. If the injuries sustain effected you dental work, then possibly yes, if the injury was soft tissue to another part of your body, then no. With regards to your car, if your car was damaged within the scope of your employment, you would have to check with your auto insurance carrier to ascertain coverage for a rental. If you receive a settlement from your Workers' Comp Claim, you can use the money any way you please.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment