Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My husband and I are getting divorced. Will our baby be taken off his insurance?

So my husband and I are getting a divorce and he has incredible insurance (medical, dental, life, and vision) through his job. Currently, both me and our 4-month-old are on his insurance. I know I will probably be taken off, but will our daughter be taken off as well? I'm a little scared because she still needs her medical care and as a single mom, going to school full-time, and currently trying to find a job, I don't know if I'll be able to afford to buy her medical insurance.
--------------------
No. Your baby should not be taken off his insurance. Most courts will demand that one of the parents (usually the father) provide medical coverage. There is no reason the baby should be taken off because though you are splitting, it is still his baby. Hope you find happiness.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment