Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Will my insurance (Medicaid) cover the cost of a dental crown?

I was informed by my dentist that my New York State Medicaid will cover my initial root canal "procedure". She also said that the insurance claim would be submitted in two separate parts, one for the actual root canal, and other for the dental crown. The second part is not submitted until x-rays have been taken to prove the procedure has been done. I am worried beyond belief that my insurance will reject the final procedure and I will be stuck with a huge bill. Is there any way to find out if my insurance will cover the entire thing BEFORE I have the root canal done? Am I being told the whole truth or is my dentist just trying to make more money? Please help!
--------------------
CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL MEDICAID OFFICE FOR DETAILS
Source

1 comment: