Friday, February 4, 2011

Please help with health Insurance questions? (Dental)?

Ok, so I have a bit of a complicated situation. I'm going to New York in 4 months when I turn 18 to go to nursing school. I've had this all planned out for about a year now. My fiance already moved out there to get us a place to stay and a car and all that. Well, our plans have been going smoothly so far until today. I had a dentist appointment here in Ohio that my mom took me to and I found out that I have to get braces. Apparently I have to keep them on for a good year. And she said that she's paying for them but that if I get them, I can't move out of state until they are off because I can't change orthodontists. Now I don't know if she's just saying that because she doesn't want me to move out of state or if this is true. I thought that if I got them, then I could move to NY and just get a new orthodontist. She said that I have her health insurance until I am 22. I was just wondering, would I still be able to use her health insurance when I move to NY for my new orthodontist? Am I able to use this insurance out of state? Or should my fiance and I go ahead and marry before I get braces so that his VA insurance would cover it? Or does that insurance even cover it? What should I do? I feel like my mom is giving me the wrong information just because she doesn't want me to move. But if I can't move, that means our plans are ruined, and we'd have wasted all this time and money setting everything up for the move in March. Please help me? :( If you have any more questions or need a little more detail, please just let me know.
--------------------
Your mom may not be giving the correct information. Here is what I would do. Call the customer service number for your mothers insurance and see if they would cover your work if done in New York. As to the VA insurance, your fiance could call them and find out if they have spousal coverage for orthodontics. These are the only ways you will know for sure. And just to be on the safe side, if they say they will provide coverage, make sure you get something in writing. Good luck to you Confused.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment