Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How much does a custom made mouthgaurd cost? My doctor recommended I get one because of my tension headaches.?

Or would an over the counter mouthguard work just as well? If the don't then, can anyone please tell me how much a custom made mouthgaurd costs for someone that doesn't have any dental insurance (I've got regular health insurance, but didn't add on the dental part. DOH!!)? By the way I'm in the U.S. so could you please let me know the price in U.S. dollars?
--------------------
It depends on how it's made and whether the dentist has a lab in his office. If it's too expensive, check to see if there is a dental assisting school near you. Most community colleges have dental assisting programs and if you have a Vatterott near you, depending on the campus, they offer the program too. One thing that assisting students have to do is make night guards. Call and ask if they want any volunteers. They are usually looking for patients and will gladly have you come in. They are usually made in the advanced materials class.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment